from The Vision Care Center
We Are Open Regular Hours!
Deaconess Gateway Health Center
Monday-Friday 7:30am – 5:00pm
Deaconess Gateway Health Center location is open on select Saturdays 7:30am – 12:00pm.
Monday-Friday 7:30am – 5:00pm
We are requiring all patients to wear a mask upon entering the building and while in the building.
We are now open for all your eyecare needs including elective surgeries such as LASIK. The care and safety of our patients, staff, and community continue to be our top priority. In keeping with the CDC, we are taking the following precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 virus:
- Please reschedule if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms: Fever, Chills, Constant Cough, Shortness of Breath, Loss of Taste or Smell, or if you have been in contact with someone that tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- We will continue to pre-screen all patients and staff upon entering the building
- We ask that only patients attend appointments. The ONLY exceptions are if assistance of a caretaker is needed by the patient or if the patient is a minor. Deaconess will turn away patients with unnecessary guests
- We ask that patients wear their own face mask to their appointment if possible
- We will continue to social distance the recommended 6 feet apart
- We will continue to sanitize medical equipment after patient exposure
- We will continue frequent cleanings in our waiting room throughout the day
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we navigate through this together!
The care of our patients is our top priority, and we are taking steps to ensure the safety of our patients, staff, and community:
- We will continue to see all our patients experiencing urgent needs at our Gateway location
- Before entering our building, all patients and staff are pre-screened for symptoms or exposure to the COVID-19 virus
- We ask that only patients attend appointments. The only exceptions are if the patient needs someone to medically assist with their care or if the patient is a minor.
- Masks are worn by all staff members to protect patients and staff
- Due to mask shortages, we ask that patients bring their own masks for their appointment
- We are following the guidelines of the CDC and providing social distancing in our office for all patients and staff
- We are sanitizing all medical equipment after patient exposure
- We are regularly cleaning all surfaces including our waiting room throughout the day
Please know that we are monitoring and following all CDC guidelines to limit exposure for our patients and staff. This does not change our dedication to caring for our patients, but instead reflects our commitment to ensure their safety and the safety of our community.
We are taking the following actions to combat the spread of COVID-19:
- We will see patients with urgent needs at our Gateway location. Please call (812) 490-3937
- Our Downtown Office will be temporarily closed until further notice
- All glasses and contacts can be ordered and picked up at our Gateway location
Glasses & Contact Order & Pick-up Instructions:
- Please call our front desk: 812-490-3937, select option 1, then option 2
- This will ensure we are open and can schedule a time for you to pick up your glasses or contacts
In keeping with the CDC Guidelines, we are taking the following actions to combat the spread of COVID-19.
- We are limiting schedules to urgent-related services
- We will contact patients to reschedule existing non-urgent appointments affected during this time
- If you experience an urgent need, we will see you, and we will take all precautions to keep you and our staff safe
- All elective surgeries have been postponed
- We appreciate your understanding and flexibility during these difficult times. If your situation is not urgent, please wait to schedule
As always, your health and the health of our community is our top priority.